Welcome to the Perry Harrison Elementary PTA Website
New to PHS or to the PTA website? Get registered on our site today!
The simple act of joining the PTA provides instant financial support for our students, teachers & school. It's also a great way to stay informed about what's happening at school & connect in meaningful ways with other parents.
No Fuss Fundraiser & Virtual Bingo/Raffle Night
PHS PTA No Fuss Fundraiser & Virtual Bingo/Raffle Night
Everything about this past year has been different, so the same goes for our annual Bingo/Raffle Fundraiser! The 2021 modified event will be on a much smaller scale than in past years, but we still aim to raise money for PHS and offer a fun family night for our school community.
Here are the ways you can participate:
No Fuss Fundraiser April 11-26- One week left to give!
We are a third of the way towards our $3,500 goal, so please chip in and spread the word to family and friends who may also be willing to support our school.
- Donations large and small are welcome! Donate here today!
- Students will receive an ice cream party and extra recess if we meet our fundraising goal.
- 100% of donations will stay within the school to directly help our staff and students. Find out more about how PTA money supports our school.
- As a thank-you, donors will receive one raffle entry for every $10 contributed. The raffle drawings will take place April 27th. Learn about the raffle prize offerings here.
FREE Virtual Bingo Night April 27th at 6:30pm
- All PHS students are invited to participate in Virtual Bingo Night via Zoom.
- Register your students by April 23rd, and Bingo cards, game instructions, and prize list options will be sent home with students or made available for VA pickup on April 26th.
- Prizes will be provided to all winners thanks to our event sponsors: TarHeel Turf Services, Dr. Tammy Severt & Chatham Pediatric Dentistry.
This year's prizes include puzzles, games, Legos, books, craft kits, and stuffed animals wrapped in homemade pillow cases! One prize not pictured is Lunch with a Staff Member of Your Choice. The winner gets to order lunch out and enjoy and hour of time with their chosen staff member.
Sign up today for your chance at these fun prizes!
Marco’s Pizza Fundraiser April 27th
- Help raise additional money for PHS by ordering from the Chatham Downs Marco’s from 11am-9pm on April 27th. 15% of sales from that day will be returned to Perry Harrison.
Spring Photo Session Fundraiser - May 1-2
PHS Spring Photo Fundraiser May 1-2
Support our school and get your family photos taken at the same time!
We are having a Spring photo session to raise funds for the PHS PTA the weekend of May 1-2! Heather Varner from Five Feathers Photography is back to offer 15 minute mini photo sessions outside at Camden Park behind Fearrington Village for PHS families. Time slots are available between 7:30-10:30am and 5:00-7:30pm on both Saturday and Sunday.
Plenty of slots are available! Sign up for a day and time that works best for your family here. The sitting fee is $20 which will be donated to the PHS PTA. Once you sign up for a slot, please submit payment here. You'll later be able to view your photo proofs online from Five Feather's online gallery and purchase what you like from a variety of nicely priced photo packages ranging from $15 for a digital print to more.
Please check out Five Feathers Photography: https://www.fivefeathersphoto.com/about.
*Heather will be wearing a mask and provide hand sanitizer. We ask that you please come to the photo session wearing masks while waiting for your reserved time spot.
April is Volunteer Appreciation Month!It's not been an easy year to find time for volunteering, but these faithful folks did plenty of good for our school this year! Many thanks to you all!
Thank you, PHS Administrative Staff!
If you've ever called PHS, rung the doorbell, or stepped in the front office, you've had the good fortune of being helped by these amazing Mariner staff members, Tokae Washington and Rebecca Johnson. While their official titles are Secretary/Treasurer and Data Manager, we all know they keep the school running in so many ways. They greet us parents and answer our many questions, and they know our children and care for them in countless ways.
Show them some love this week and in all weeks to come (their favorites are here).
We are so grateful for you, Mr. Washington & Mrs. Johnson!
PTA Board/Committee Chair Nominations
We are seeking nominations for the PTA board and all committee chair positions for the 2021/2022 school year with the goal of voting to approve the new officers at the May or June meeting. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about the needs or nominate yourself or a friend.
Let's do great things for Perry Harrison next year!
CCS District & Community News
School Board Meeting
- The Chatham Arts Council is offering ClydeFest in the Wild 2021 with numerous arts activities for children during the month of April. Find the schedule and register for events here.
- The NC Science Festival takes place throughout the month of April and offers many in-person and virtual science events across the state. Find the schedule here.
Kindergarten Registration Now Open!
Do you have a rising kindergartner in your family? Click here for more information about the registration process for the 2021/2022 school year and spread the word to others you know.
Virtual Cultural Arts Assembly April 21st
Make plans for your student to enjoy the work of Storyteller Donna Washington this Wednesday!
Pre-K-2 Grades at 9:00am
Grades 3-5 at 10:30am
Zoom links will be sent by your teacher.
You can preview some of Donna Washington's stories here.
- Tuesday, April 27
- Friday, April 30
- Sunday, May 16
- Monday, May 17
- Tuesday, May 18
- Saturday, May 22
- Sunday, May 30
- Monday, May 31
- Tuesday, June 1
PHS Teachers & Staff
2020/2021 PHS Community Sponsors
Thanks to our 2020/2021 Sponsors! Learn more about these local businesses here!
" At the end of the day, the most overwhelming key to a child's success is the positive involvement of parents"... Jane D. Hull
Join the PTA
The number one reason to join the PTA is to benefit your child; in doing so, you also help your school.