Thrift Shop Fashion Show, K-2 Art Show, Bake Sale and Artisan’s Boutique!
Join us on December 12th at 6pm for the Annual PTA Thrift Shop Fashion Show, K-2 Art Show, Bake Sale and Artisan’s boutique!! This is an opportunity to EARN thrift shop hours for your favorite teacher while also having fun with the PHS community, checking out our amazing K-2 Art, and shopping the fantastic work of many local artists.
The theme this year is...Tropical Holiday! We are dreaming of warmer weather and think our models can score some fabulous tropical gems at the PTA Thrift Shop! Can’t find clothes? Accessories and beach toys are always a fun accessory for the runway!
MODELS NEEDED, ESPECIALLY STUDENTS!
Click here to sign up to model...we love BOTH students AND teachers to strut their stuff on the runway!!
Between now and December 10th, please go by the Thrift Shop and pick out an outfit, part of an outfit or an accessory for the runway. Have fun with it, there are no bad outfits! You could coordinate your shopping with a thrift shop work session so that you can shop and earn money for your favorite teacher all in one trip!! Don't forget, if you attend a work session, you can shop for 50% off!! Click here for upcoming work sessions in December!
Models, click here to sign up for a time to get your hair done!
We also need help with setting up, keeping our models on schedule and in line, decorating, cleaning up and helping with the bake sale and artisan's boutique.
Click here to sign up as a volunteer!
Are you a local artist interested in selling your work at the Fashion Show? Contact Chandra at firstname.lastname@example.org for details on the Artisan's Boutique! Tables are still available!
BAKED GOODS NEEDED!
Love to bake? Consider donating some holiday treats for the bake sale! All items will be sold for $1 each, with all money going back to PHS!
Click here to sign up to donate baked goods!
Haven't been to the Fashion Show before? CLICK HERE to check out pictures from last year's event!
Schedule of Events for Thursday, Dec. 12th:
5pm - Models arrive at the school (Or 5:30pm if not getting hair done)
6pm - K-2 Art Show and Pop Up Artisan’s Boutique begins (location in school TBD)
6 - 8pm - Holiday Bake Sale - Click here to donate holiday goodies!
6:30 - 8pm - Fashion Show
- Click here to sign up your MODEL for the event. We love both students and TEACHERS to be models!! Please answer all questions so we can have some details about the model while they walk the runway!!
- Between now and the December 10th, please go by the Thrift Shop and pick out an outfit, part of an outfit or an accessory for the runway.
- You can also email Chandra at email@example.com a 2-3 sentence bio about each model. It should include the model’s name and a description of what he/she is wearing. Feel free to include other tidbits like grade, hobbies, what he/she wants to be when they grow up, etc. These bios will be read as each model walks the runway.
- Event date: Thursday Dec 12th in the Multi-Purpose Room. We need everyone to please meet in the classroom across from the office by 5:45.
- We will be sending a sign-up out for those who want to have their hair done by the three professional hairstylists. Time slots will start at 5pm that evening. Click here to sign up for a hair time.
- At 6:30pm, the show will begin! All should be done by 8:00 at the very latest (if not before).
- Proceeds from the bake sale and tables for the art boutique will go directly to the school.
- Are you, or someone you know, interested in participating in the artisan’s boutique? Email Chandra Colwell at firstname.lastname@example.org before 12/10 for further details! Student tables available for a discounted rate!!
BEST NEWS – YOUR TIME WILL PAY OUR SCHOOL!!!
All time spent towards our show counts as Thrift Shop hours (yay!!). Remember that all time towards the show counts - the time you spent reading this email, the time spent going to the store - you get the idea! We will have a log at the show where you can list all of your hours!
Chatham PTA Thrift Shop
11500 US Hwy 15-501 N., Chapel Hill
(same shopping complex as McDonald's)
Monday-Saturday: 9am - 7pm
Sunday - closed
Thanks again, and please let me know if you have any questions at all.
Chandra Colwell – email@example.com – Thrift Shop Fashion Show Coordinator
Chatham Grove Information
Click here for the latest information regarding Chatham Grove Elementary School.
- Saturday, December 14
- Tuesday, December 17
- Friday, December 20
- Monday, December 23
- Tuesday, December 24
- Wednesday, December 25
- Thursday, December 26
- Friday, December 27
PHS Teachers & Staff
2019 PHS Community Sponsors
Become a sponsor today!
Thanks to our 2019 Mariner Mania Sponsors!
" At the end of the day, the most overwhelming key to a child's success is the positive involvement of parents"... Jane D. Hull
Join the PTA
The number one reason to join the PTA is to benefit your child; in doing so, you also help your school.