Do your kids dream of walking the red carpet? Showing their mad modeling skills?! Well, we have the event for you!! We also need some parent volunteers and bakers to donate to our BAKE SALE! (click the image above to sign-up)
Join us December 12th at 6:00 for the Annual PTA Thrift Shop Fashion Show, K-3 Art Show and Choral Concert!! This is an opportunity to EARN thrift shop hours for your favorite teacher while also having fun with the PHS community, checking out our amazing K-3 Art and hearing the lovely jingles of our school chorus.
Tuesday 12/12/17 Events!
- 6:00 - K-3 Art Show begins (location in school TBD)
- 6:00 - Models arrive at the school
- 6:30 - 8:00 Choral Concert and Fashion Show
- 6:00 - 8:00 Holiday Bake Sale - sign up HERE
Between now and the December 5th, please go by the Thrift Store and pick out an outfit, part of an outfit or an accessory for the runway. Have fun with it, there are no bad outfits! You could coordinate your shopping with a thrift shop work session so that you can shop (and earn money for your favorite teacher) all in one trip!!
The theme this year is: Follies for the Holidays! Be fun and funky! We will feature various holiday movies throughout the decades so think about all of the funny parts in your favorite holiday movies!
1. Sign up your little MODEL for the event!
2. Between now and the December 5th, please go by the Thrift Store and pick out an outfit, part of an outfit or an accessory for the runway.
3. Also, please email Chandra at (email@example.com) a 2-3 sentence bio about each model. It should include the model’s name and a description of what he/she is wearing. Feel free to include other tidbits like grade, hobbies, what he/she wants to be when they grow up, etc. These bios will be read as each model walks the runway.
• Event date: Tuesday Dec 12th in the Multi-Purpose Room. We need everyone to meet in the Kindergarten/1st Grade hallway by 6:00 please.
• We will be sending a sign-up out for those who want to have their hair done by the 3 professional hairstylists. Timeslots will start at 5 that evening.
• At 6:30, the show will begin! Following our performance, Mr. Smith and the 4th/5th grade chorus will perform wacky holiday songs for the second half of the evening! All should be done by 8:00 at the very latest (if not before).
BEST NEWS – YOUR TIME WILL PAY OUR SCHOOL!!!
All time spent towards our show counts as Thrift Shop hours (yay!!). Remember that all time towards the show counts - the time you spent reading this email, the time spent going to the store - you get the idea! We will have a log at the show where you can list all your hours!
Chatham PTA Thrift Shop - 11500 US Hwy 15-501 N., Chapel Hill (same shopping complex as McDonalds)
Sunday - closed
Thanks again, and please let me know if you have any questions at all.
Chandra Colwell – firstname.lastname@example.org – Thrift Shop Fashion Show Coordinator
- Sunday, September 23
- Monday, September 24
- Tuesday, September 25
- Wednesday, September 26
- Thursday, September 27