Welcome to the 2018-19 Perry Harrison Elementary School Year!
Mission of the PTA
The National PTA's mission is to make every child's potential a reality by engaging and empowering families and communities to advocate for all children. At PHS, we support this mission while also striving to gain positive involvement by all our key stakeholders - school, staff, students, parents, friends, neighbors and community.
Goals for the 2018-19 PTA:
BUILDING a STRONG COMMUNITY
- Unity… we are committed to promoting events that are primarily community building. While raising funds to support the school is extremely important, we are going to focus on welcoming and including everyone into our community. This means personally reaching out to new students and families as well as groups that may not typically participate in our PHS events. We want everyone to know that ALL ARE WELCOME!
- Outreach… we are going to spend time reaching out to our partners in the community - businesses, not-for-profits, leaders, etc. It is critical that we leverage the support they can bring our school, not only financially but in providing guidance and participation!
- Outdoor Classroom… our goal this year is to kick off the outdoor classroom project at Perry Harrison. It has been tossed around for a few years and we would like to solidify the plan and get it in motion. Hopefully we can break ground in the Spring!
- Professional development for staff… in order for our students to have the ability to learn in new and creative ways we need to support our teachers getting trained in advanced methods to support our school
- Project-Based Learning Tools… our world is morphing into one that requires people to think holistically about problems and challenges. We need to bring new tools and techniques to the school that can help our students and teachers learn this new way of living. The more we can do to promote this area, the more prepared they will be to move on the next level!
SUPPORTING THE SCHOOL'S NEED FOR INCREASED TECHNOLOGY
- Access to technology… we need to continue to support and fund PHS in regards to technology and the tools that support the education of it. We need to look for creative ways to bring these tools to our classrooms.
Beautification Day - Sun August 26th 10am-2pm
Sunday, August 26th from 10 am - 2 pm
We need volunteers to help with fall cleaning at PHS. We have 2 shifts - one from 10am-12pm and another from 12pm-2pm. CLICK HERE to sign up! Bring kiddos, family, and friends! The more, the merrier!
- Sunday, August 19
- Monday, August 20
- Tuesday, August 21
- Wednesday, August 22